Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Short Story

So, I got the most magnificent random question when I was working on my profile, and I had such an amazing answer to it. But those random questions are supposed to be answered in under 150 characters. I mean, please! So here is my response in full.

Question:
The children are waiting! Please tell them the story about the bald frog with the wig:

Once upon a time, there was a frog named Herbert. Herbert was a very melancholy frog, for you see, he was bald. So Herbert went on a grand quest to find a covering for his head that would make him feel better about himself. He tried all manner of hats as he journeyed through Hatlandia, but Herbert just looked silly in every hat he tried. So he travelled on to Wigland. There he found the most magnificent wig made of the finest grasses. He was resplendent! And since the wig was made of grass, he was also well-hidden when he chose to be. Herbert went home wearing his new wig and lived out the rest of his days happily ever after.

No comments: