Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Scribblings - Frozen Time


If I could save time in a bottle,
the first thing that I'd like to do
is to save every day
'til eternity passes away,
just to spend them with you
~Jim Croce



What would I do if I had the power to freeze time? I would do more of the things that refresh and renew my spirit. Bubble baths. A walk through the woods on a crisp fall morning. Meditate. Pray.

If I could freeze time, I would have be that perfect 1950s TV wife with supper waiting on the table, a spotless house, and not a hair out of place when my husband got home from work. I would get a little more quality cuddle time in the mornings before getting out of bed.

Freezing time would be a great power. And with great power comes great responsibility. Would I only use the power for myself? Or would I use the power to somehow make the world a better place for others? It would be so easy to only think of myself. To use the power only for the betterment of my life and the lives of those closest to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that Jim Croce song, it's the best! Great post!