Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Knee-jerk responses

FIRST REACTION: type what comes to your mind first whenever you hear these words. Don't think and don't go back and change. Doesn't matter how random just type it!

1. Beer: eww gross! I can't even stand to be near the smell!

2. Anorexic: very sick and very sad - and I place the blame on fashion and the media.

3. Relationships: require a lot more work than people tend to realize - even just friendships. It's so easy to just go with the flow and drift apart.

4. Your Last Ex: I seriously can't remember who my last ex was...someone from high school, I'm sure, but for the life of me, I can't think of who I was "with" before Hubby and I got together for good.

5. Power Rangers: are not a school game! Sorry, my teacher voice took over there for a minute. Seriously, you can't imagine how many times I have to stop the kids on the playground from playing Power Rangers because we aren't supposed to be playing violent games.

6. Weed: I'm still fuming about those toddlers in Texas.

7. The President: do I really have to answer this? Probably would do well to do more than simply dismiss anyone's opinions that differ from his own.

8. Cars: belong on the rug, not the wall...oh, wait. There's that pesky teacher voice again. Gosh!

9. Gas Prices: (best Seinfeld voice) what's the deal?

10. Halloween: already? I don't think I've quite recouperated from the last one, thanks.

11. Bon Jovi: Slippery When Wet

13. MySpace: completely overrun by children and perverts pretending to be what they are not. Which is a shame, considering that's how I keep up with several of my high school and college friends. And there are some good groups on there that provide great resources.

14. Worst fear: being alone.

15. Marriage: is definitely worth the effort.

16. Paris Hilton: why is she famous? Seriously - there are hundreds (I may be underestimating this figure, but that's the small sliver of hope for humanity I still cling to talking) of people out there as stupid and shallow as she is that never get famous (even for that amateur sex tape they starred in on a whim). Just because she's a Hilton, is that any excuse to subject us to all her tom-foolery?

17. Brunettes: according to one of my favorite t-shirts, everyone loves 'em.

18. Redheads: I've always wanted more of a reddish tint to my hair. I don't know why. Maybe that's something else I can pin on Disney. Darn that little mermaid!

19: Politics: honestly, if they aren't talking about it on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart or The Colbert Report, I don't want to know. If they can't make me laugh about it, I'd rather be ignorant.

20: Pass the time: stumbling through cyberspace.

21. One night stands: I never understood the appeal...I'm more of a commitment-necessary type of person.

22. Cell Phone: I lived without one for 24 years perfectly happy, but these last 2 years have gotten me so dependent on my cell phone that it isn't funny. I feel naked without it now.

23. Pixie Stiks: childhood never tasted so sweet.

24. Vanilla Ice cream: needs caramel and chocolate syrup

25. Port a Potties: eww - I've been in more sanitary latrines. Honestly.

26. High school: not incredibly memorable.

27. Pajamas: cami and boy shorts or Hubby's old t-shirt...occassionally my Wonder Woman pj pants

28. Woods: deer

29. Wet Socks: cold

30. Alcohol: not much of a point. I don't drink to get drunk, and I hate the taste and smell of alcohol.

31. The word love: is a verb. It's what you do (and I don't just mean that).

32. My best friend: lives here with me...I know it's cheesy, but Hubby really and truly is my best friend.

33. Money: there's never enough to go around.

34. Heartache: sucks.

35. Time: marches on.

36. Divorce: no thank you.

No comments: