Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Do-Over?

The topic for this post comes from Create A Connection's Getting to Know You Day:

If you could have a redo moment in your life, would you do it and what would it be? Not changing history drastically-it's all just a what if.


I honestly can't think of anything I would want to do over if I had the chance. Who I am is a culmination of all of my experiences. Changing any little moment of my past would affect who I am now, and I'm pretty okay with the me that I am.

Sure, there are events in my history that I'm not thrilled about, but the lessons learned from finding my way through them were worth it. I've learned the value of a dollar. I've learned the importance of showing gratitude. I've learned to trust my gut. And I'm continually learning new lessons and being reminded of old ones through the events of everyday life, whether those events be good or bad.


So, no. Even if I could have a redo for any moment of my life, I wouldn't take it. The lessons I took from the few moments I would be tempted to fix with a redo were too important for me not to have learned them.

Well, maybe I would go back to that time I ate a half pint of ice cream for breakfast instead of saving it for Hubby...he was slightly miffed about that (and amazed that I hadn't even realized I had eaten that much...that's what happens when you eat out of the carton in front of the computer!).

No comments: