Sunday, November 18, 2007

shake it up, baby!

Hubby and I have decided to lose some weight. Well, we decided to do that months ago, but now we've decided on a course of action. We had been trying to lose the weight with exercise, but that's a very slow process without drastically altering our diets. Which is what we have decided to do now.

Two weeks ago, I started my Herbalife program. I'm drinking a shake with an ounce of aloe at breakfast and at lunch. I'm taking a multivitamin, an Aminogen tablet, an Omega-3 supplement, 2 Cell Activator capsules, and 2 Cell-u-Loss capsules 3 times a day. I'm taking a Snack Defense tablet every day. I'm drinking herbal tea at breakfast and lunch with my shakes. And I'm actually getting my 8 glasses of water most days.

At the end of one week, I was three pounds lighter. I weigh in for week 2 tomorrow night, so we shall see how much progress another week has provided, but I'm feeling really good about this. I'm noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit already. I have more energy. I feel better about me. And it's making meal-planning (and as a result, grocery shopping) much easier on me since we're both doing shakes for breakfast and lunch. And we are enjoying the meals we do eat much more. I don't know if it's that the meals taste better or that we're just so glad to be chewing, but suppers have been fabulous the last couple of weeks.

My goal? A new wardrobe from the Scottsdale Fashion Square when I'm down to 125 pounds. Until then, shake it up, baby!

No comments: