Wednesday, November 21, 2007

a smattering of thoughts

Week 2 of Herbalife found me weighing in another 2.4 pounds lighter - 5.8 pounds in 2 weeks is pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. I keep having to go to the next notch in my belt - soon I'll need a smaller belt!

This past weekend Hubby and I had a date weekend. We saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Phoenix on Saturday afternoon. We've decided that it's a holiday tradition for us. We saw them last November in Memphis, but our seats this year were decidedly better. Instead of the nosebleed section stage right, we were directly in front of the stage, just behind the floor seats. For those of you who have seen TSO perform before, we were close enough to the platform at the back of the floor seats to get up close and personal with Angus and Anna. We're talking close enough to find out if Anna Phoebe shaved her pits - she had. As we were leaving the stadium, I said "they just get better every time!" To which Hubby replied "all two times you've seen them, huh?" He's a keeper, that one. (BTW, the pic was taken on my cell phone before the show started just to show how awesome our seats were. On the left you see "command central," where the techies control the lights and special effects. Directly behind them is the platform I'm talking about. Yeah. We were THAT close.)

Sunday night we were going to head to the I-MAX and check out Beowulf in 3-D, but we didn't think about the prudence of preordering tickets, so when we got there it was sold out. So instead we headed to the Desert Ridge Marketplace and wandered around for a bit before deciding to see Dan in Real Life at the theater there. Good movie. Awesome theater. Seriously - I love how clean Scottsdale is.

Work is going well. I'm having trouble finding time to get lesson planning done because I have a couple of kids that just can't seem to be quiet during naptime without me sitting next to them and patting their backs. Kinda hard to write anything down when your hands are otherwise occupied. Other than that, though, it's good.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we have been invited for lunch by the Albertsons from church (the elder and wife that had us over for dinner a few weeks ago). I'm going to bake a pumpkin pie tomorrow morning to take along. It's going to be very odd not being at my sister's house for the weekend with the rest of my family. It's the first Thanksgiving we will have missed in 8 years. But at least we won't be alone in our apartment. That would be downright depressing.
Anyway, I just had a bunch of different stuff that I had been meaning to blog and since I woke up just a tad early this morning I thought I'd take care of that before work. Now it's time to head out for the day. Happy Thanksgiving Eve, all!

No comments: