Tuesday, December 18, 2007

the superbowl - that's the football one, right?

Ok, I know I'm about 2 months early on this post. The thing is, I'm already hearing way too much talk about the Superbowl on the radio because Phoenix will be hosting this year. Well, technically Glendale is hosting. Same difference, really. There are about 12 cities around here that are nothing more than suburbs of Phoenix.

But I digress.

Now, I'm not really all that big on sports. So to me, the fact that the Superbowl is going to be right in my own back yard is no big deal. It just means that there will be more traffic and more wrecks to look out for that weekend.

The whole reason I decided to blog about it at all is that I heard something interesting on the radio today. Evidently the mayor of Glendale is upset because she has to buy her own ticket instead of being able to go to the Superbowl for free. Seriously? Is that an expense the taxpayers should shoulder? If she's not there, is that really going to affect the game? Are any of the players going to be off their game knowing that the mayor of Glendale isn't in the stands watching them? Get real.

No comments: