Monday, February 25, 2008

an entirely not unpleasant experience

Hubby and I went on a rather productive excursion Saturday afternoon. To the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division. I know, I know. You are thinking that the whole “productive excursion” comment must be sarcasm. Normally, you’d be right. But believe it or not, this was really fairly quick and painless. Definitely less trouble than when I had to get a TN license after we got married. That took 3 days. Honestly. But that’s another story.

No, Saturday we spent an hour at the MVD and had 2 Arizona driver’s licenses and Arizona plates for the car to show for it. And check this out – my Arizona license is valid until 2045. And only cost me $25. Crazy, right? Vehicle registration, however, is how they stick it to you. Almost $250 every year. And evidently the newer your car is, the more expensive your registration. I’m thinking we should try to find a 20 year old clunker for a second car.

No comments: