Sunday, March 02, 2008

Idol Chatter

The most talented season of American Idol ever? I don't know that I'd go that far. Sure, there are some pretty awesome performers this season, but they've also delivered some fairly lackluster performances already.


My favorite contestants, and the ones that I would like to see in the top 10, are:


David Archuleta

David Cook

Jason Castro

Michael Johns

Danny Noriega

Brook White

Carly Smithson

Ramiele Malubay

Syesha Mercado

Amanda Overmyer


Yes, I am aware that a couple of my picks have had some rather horrific performances. I still want to see them in the top 10. I think their diverse personalities will make for a much more interesting season.


Speaking of American Idol, does anyone else get the impression that Simon Cowell is tiring of his persona on the show? I mean, for 6 seasons now he's been the "mean one" - the guy who wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought of the performances. But this season I'm getting the vibe that he's getting tired of being the guy everyone loves to hate. Can't say as I blame him, either.

And Paula. Oh, Paula. She sure can throw some nut-job comments out there. Just this past week, she told David Archuleta after his incredible rendition of John Lennon's Imagine "I want to just squish you, squeeze your head off, and dangle you from my rear-view mirror." No, that's not scary at all.

No comments: