Friday, November 21, 2008

Full-Time, Baby!



So I got the hours I asked for. The very next day the director handed me a piece of paper and asked if this would work.

Why, yes, that will work nicely. Thank you very much.

It didn't stay exactly like that for even one week, but taking an hour away from one day and adding an hour to 2 other days puts me up to 40 hours a week, so I'm not complaining.

I'm not taking a lunch on any of those days. But the kids in my class are good nappers, so that's not really a problem. I can eat while they sleep as long as I remember to take lunch with me.

The 10 and 9 hour days aren't exactly ideal, but it's ok. Even if I did go to bed at 7pm this Monday. After having 2 months of unemployment, it's hard to get into a sleep schedule that's more work-appropriate. It will probably take me a couple of weeks.

By the way...that 7pm bedtime this week? Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't woken up at midnight and been unable to get back to sleep for 2 hours. Darn TVLand.

No comments: