Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Remember CRAP for a healthy smile

As a preschool teacher in the state of TN, I am required to complete a minimum of 12 inservice hours each year (though our preschool requires an additional 11). So last night after work I went to a 2-hour class on dental health for preschoolers. Got some good materials to use for teaching lessons about teeth and such.

Anyway, we had to watch this video on dental health as part of the class. I'm guessing from the hair and clothing styles that we're talking late 80s-early 90s video. You know how most videos like that have a summary screen or two at the end? Here's what this video's summary screen looked like:

Remember these important steps to maintaining a healthy smile:
* Cleaning
* Regular dental visits
* A healthy diet
* Play it safe

Yes, my friends, the acronym you see before you is CRAP. No, they didn't put it together like that. As a matter of fact I think that a coworker and I may have been the only ones there to notice it. But it definitely made the class memorable, and worth the time-sink.

So, yeah. Remember CRAP for a healthy smile.

No comments: