Monday, April 09, 2007

In the news

I'm one of those people. One of those "don't harsh my mellow" people. Sure, I know the world is nowhere near perfect. There are bad things going on everywhere you turn at any given second. But I'd rather look for something good to focus on than be bombarded by the bad. So I'm one of those people who change the channel when the news comes on. I only look at the classifieds and comics in the newspaper. The news I do get comes from one of 5 sources whose reliability may be questionable:

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Colbert Report
VH1's Best Week Ever
MSN.com front page (which I don't check regularly anyway)
news snippets between segments of Bob and Sheri in the mornings

As you can see, if it doesn't come in an entertainment format, I'd really prefer not knowing what's going on in the world around me. Sure, that's selfish and shallow and self-centered. But if I were a truly "informed citizen", I'd be clinically depressed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You remind of my best friend. She has this remarkable ability to be positive and happy and to see the good and ignore the bad parts.
It's a gift you should treasure!