Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Lake House

The Lake House was on HBO this weekend, so I finally had a chance to watch it. I love Sandra Bullock/Keanu Reaves chick flicks. I don't know what it is about those two, but seeing them together on screen is just...right.

I had the movie figured out pretty early on, but I kept arguing with myself over the technicalities. By the time he stood her up at the restaurant, I was sure I was right, but it still didn't really make complete sense. See, she never would have gone back to the lake house if it hadn't been for the guy dying. So stopping that event from occurring would have negated the entire story.

And then I realized that if I'm seriously trying to make everything in that movie fit so that it could actually have happened in real life, I have major issues.

No comments: