Wednesday, April 11, 2007

maybe I spoke too soon

In a recent post, I mentioned that I don't watch "real" news programs because they are depressing. I have since learned the danger in speaking in absolutes. Last night as I was drifting in and out of consciousness on the couch, the local 9pm news woke me up. They have a little news ticker at the bottom of the screen like they're trying to be CNN or something, and a couple of things caught my eye (emphasis my own):

"Recall: 300,000 Craftsman Circular Saws are being recalled because they can cut you. Involves 7 1/4 inch saw."

They can cut you??? Seriously??? I'm assuming there really is some major malfunction in the saws (and not just in the minds of the general public who might be surprised to learn that a circular saw could cut you).

"The Disney Princesses Easter Baskets are being recalled due to a choking hazard."

Hubby's comment on this one? "Just don't eat the Disney Princesses. Problem solved."

Oy.

No comments: