Saturday, September 16, 2006

Romans 8:28

Things happen. And once they are done, they can't be un-done. Our actions have consequences - some negative, others positive.

Once upon a time, something happened. And life changed. For a while, everything was horrible, and it seemed to only be getting worse. But God started working everything together. And things turned out to be good. All around.

A perfect world this is not. There are things that should be that cannot be. In order to salvage one relationship and make it what it should have been all along, another relationship must be sacrificed.

I find myself looking at a much bigger part of the picture now. The farther removed from an event you get, the easier it is to do that. And I have discovered another "good" that came about because of a bad situation. I've realized that I long for heaven more now. Not because life here is so terribly unbearable - on the contrary. Life is beautiful. But I find myself longing for that sacrificed friendship. And I know that in this lifetime, it just isn't possible to have.

A perfect world this is not. There are things that should be that cannot be. But in heaven ALL will be as it should. Just another something to look forward to.

No comments: