Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Smiles - 6th Edition


I didn't actually keep my daily journal this week, so I'm gonna have to sit here and reflect on the whole week in order to do this today...by the way, I've noticed a difference in my general outlook from not tracking the daily smiles this week.


7 Things That Made Me Smile This Week:

1. Waspgoddess emailed me for the code for the Saturday Smiles banner - I may have a new recruit in this endeavor!

2. Have you ever heard the story of Rindercella? I laughed so hard!

3. I ran the kata I'm working on learning (Bassai Dai) for Hanshi this week and he complimented my form.

4. I read Saint by Ted Dekker - I don't know how this man does it, but it's another absolutely amazing book!

5. I was told that the little boy in my class who has been really sick for over a month now is doing well enough that the family thinks he'll be able to come back to preschool next week!

6. I was having a particularly difficult day with the kids, so I wrote a note home to one little girl's parents about how good she was - always doing what she's supposed to be doing without me having to remind her. The next day there was a thank you note from her parents on my desk telling me what a good job they thought I was doing. Really gave me a boost.

7. I went out with my bride-friend last night (and her mom and 2 of the other bridesmaids) and, as many things as went wrong (and there were plenty - don't worry, more to come in another entry), we still had such a good time!

Wow. That was harder than I expected. It really is easier to do this if you sit down every night and write down something - anything - that made you smile that day.

No comments: